View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
MsGolightly

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
Sydney, there is also a past i'm dealing with my bf, when i met him he was a year broken up with a fiance after 8 years together, he was beyond rock bottom and as a total friend i talked to him and we started dating, part of the problem i believe is that he has never gotten over her and that's why i cant help but think there is something still there deep down inside. Part of me feels like i masked the rebound factor ...
i think that might be true, to an extent. 8 years with someone is a very long time, and considering he was asking you to elope after 2 months together is a HUGE red flag. i think a year single after a long-term relationship like that is nothing. as much as it hurts, he needed to find someone to turn to next, and in you, he probably saw a nice, sweet person that would put up with his garbage, and you did. give him his space and let him come back to you if he wants to... it's all you can do. anything else is just torturing yourself and you will get absolutely nothing out of it.