View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kj0975

My sister is serving 6mos right now in county jail. Her kids are 14,13,10 the first visit they were very scared as we all were. They didnt know what to expect and it was hard to see their mom crying when they walked in to see her. The 10yr old was a real mommas girl and did go through a period of talking back and crankyness that went away. She is the one who cant wait to go see her mom every saturday. She says "time to go see mom in the slammer". It was explained to them why she was there, how long, and that she loved them. She still calls home a few times a week communication is there. I did put the 13yr old in counseling cause she seemed the most resentful. Its an adjustment but all of her kids have adjusted well to it. They just tell their friends moms on vacation. She has been in since feb and should get out in aug. the kids are getting excited already there have been alot of changes, but what I promised them is I would do my best to make sure their lifes didnt change a bit while there mom was gone. Its been a struggle but the kids seem to have adjusted.