View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Question Kids visiting parents in jail.

Alot of you know I will be doing about 4 months in jail for my driving offenses. I know alot of the families here have members of your family in jail. I am curious as to what you think on kids visiting parents in jail.

I have 3 kids that are the age of 13, 10, and almost 3yo. The kids are so very attached to me. Ive beeen trying to figure out if it would be benificial or detrimental to have my kids come see me on the weekends. It wouldnt be behind a plate glass window. Its an womens facility and the visits are where you have contact. There is even a place for the kids to play. But how hard would it be for my kids to go home with out me? How hard would it be for them to only see me for an hour or two and have to leave? How hard would it be on them for them to not see me for 4 months? Will my baby forget me? How will I be able to let them go? I have been running my mind through this over and over and come up with any possitive reasons. I could use some input from you all.

I know its only 4 months but 4 months is an eterninty when it comes to your kids.