View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Saint Francis

"You are not for sale"

Anybody see this? Just wanted to share something from a PBS special by Suze Orman “Women and Money.” Something struck me so much in how it relates to codependents that it has become my new Mantra: “You are not for sale!” Suze explores why women have dysfunctional relationships with money and notes the ways they undervalue themselves or "treat themselves as a commodity whose price is set by others." To me, this applies more than just to money issues. I feel like we, especially me, have dysfunctional relationships and undervalue ourselves. Sometimes I feel so vulnerable that I will settle for table scraps almost all the time. When I feel most in the midst of my codependent behaviors, I will soak in every little compliment or attention from any man or AH and make it into the biggest deal ever and continue to keep giving more and more of myself in exchange for the few little scraps thrown to me. I feel so much like I’m for sale, and it’s a bargain basement sale. But I’m trying…I’m not for sale!