Old 06-20-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lobo

My daughter and my younger sons relationship fell by the wayside because of her drug addiction. He had his first child in Feb. and he did not want her to be a part of it because of drugs. Needless to say their relationship fell apart. I was so torn as to what to do. I kept wanting to try to fix it so we could all enjoy the new baby together. I knew it was not for me to fix.........I stayed strong and never interfered.
One day my AD took my little album of baby pics and pics of her family with the baby. I knew that was her only connection to baby and family, so I let it go. She decided to get clean.........she did it on her own this time. On father's day she called her brother to wish him a happy first father's day. Her other brother's birthday was on father's day and she also called him. She is really trying to mend her relationships. They all had a good talk. Younger brother told her he wanted her to have more clean time before she could be in his baby's life. He told her to stay in touch with him and he will do the same with her. Older brother and her do stay in touch. She seemed fine with the outcome, and is continuing to stay clean. I am really glad I stayed out of it on all sides. They did all of the work and I got to see the positive outcomes. For today I am happy that they are taking baby steps to work things out...........and I will sit back and watch.

Let them work it out........you'll feel better about it and so will they.

Praying that in time they will work through it..................Lois