Old 06-20-2007, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by MeggieStar View Post
it should be up to his boss (OS) to talk to him if YS is not being a good employee.
That is what I told OS, too, the day we talked about it. I told him there is nothing I can do about it. He knows that in his head, but he is just as much a codie as I am, or maybe worse. He just recently got up the strength to stand up to his dad (my ex) who was coming to the store relentlessly and tormenting OS for not jumping in to try and save our marriage.

All of this is a product of the years we all spent living with exah's addiction and abuse; OS's reluctance to put himself and his family first, and (at least I think) YS's lack of responsibilty (after all, he watched his dad float through life for 18 of his 19 years while everyone else picked up the slack). As competent and mature as OS is, he still seems to expect me to 'fix' things because that is the way things have always been.

I know I can't fix this and it really isn't even much of a problem in the grand scheme of things. I guess old habits die hard..... but at least I have recovered enough to stop and question my motives before I dive into the middle of someone else's mess.
The old me would have already jumped in with both feet! LOL!!

Thanks guys!