View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

First of all, it is GOOD to hear from you! We all were concerned. We know you are OK.. see what codies we are?

Second, CONGRATULATIONS on see what you need to do! That is HUGE! You are also noting it ain't easy.. and it is NOT.

Third, CONGRATULATIONS on BF going to Rehab!!!! He can work on HIM. You can work on YOU.
Can you find an appointment with a counselor if you cannot get to meetings? You might find starting out one on one is beneficial.

Get the Book.. "CoDependent No More" and start reading. She has you do stuff.. you take a proactive stance inyour own recovery. It is REALLY good and is sure helped me a LOT.

Hey.. and CHIN UP. LOOK in the Mirror.. See that person looking back at you? Tell her she is beautiful, whether you believe it or not. Do it often and eventually you will come to see she is and she is YOU.

You are bright and you have a LOT going for you. Make a LIST about YOU. List ONLY good things. Keep it with you. Add to it. read it every chance you can.

I can tell you one thing you can put on your list right now:
HARD WORKER.. taking classes AND working full time? I have done that! You can say you are a hard worker!

BTW you can add "smart" cuz not everyone can take classes and work FT and be successful.

List here if you want to!