Old 06-15-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
marle

Linda, I remember last spring taking a walk with my daughter and her giving me this big talk about how she will never do drugs again because it costs too much, all you do is spend time waiting to use and then being high, how it causes her to want to stay away from me, etc. She sounded so sincere and I went home so happy, thinking that she finally has gotten it. She was using. Then at Christmas time she came over and told me that she was done, on suboxone and everyone was telling her how much better she looked. When I saw her in March, she confessed that she lied, lied and lied some more. When I asked her why, she said, duh, mom I didn't want you to think less of me. Your son has a fragile relationship with you right now and maybe he is afraid to tell you that he is using something because he knows that will be the end of it for you. I don't know. Just a thought. I am sure if you can be patient, more will be revealed. I just know everytime I try to figure out my daughter, it always comes back to one thing. Hugs, Marle