View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
CE Girl

a little bit of contact messes with ya..dosn't it ?
Can you say UNDERSTATEMENT SaTIT,,,

But I'm coming around,,,,lol,,,that l'il native hippie chick is peeking her head out again,,funny how she resembles a TURTLE for days after there's contact.

No worrys', I saw the statement for what it was. just another attempt to manipulate and wake up the sleeping giant GUILT.

As Rella perfectly illustrated with her brother. My A would do what your brother did to your Mom. If I didn't give him the "hand up" the next act of the drama would of been him doing it hiself and then telling me how everyone ELSE was there for him, giving him the "hand up"

Course, he would never ask anyone else for a "hand up" so i KNEW it was an attempt to smooze my codie self

And frankly, it pissed me the hell off! It definately was an indication of no regard for ME. I may be simple, but I ain't STUPID

I can see where it would be used in the rooms of AA (geographical or not) Because as SaTIT says, it is used by other A's to encourage the newbies to ask for help.

But yup, typical of my A, use it where ever it fits HIS scenerio.

So, would you say the "true" meaning of a "hand up" in AA would be answering the phone if your number was the one he called on the phone list, giving him a ride to a meeting cause he doesn't have a vehicle, spending time after a meeting talking on the curb till late in the night, or even buyin the coffee when the small group gets together after the meeting?

Peace