View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hoping

I am not the problem!!!

My husband works for a family business. He is an addict. They have chosen to reduce his salary to almost nothing and we have been barely surviving for 2 years. We are over 50 thousand dollars in credit card debt which is mainly mine because he has no credit. They kept promising to reimburse it when the business gets better.
MY father in law called today and said we need to open the line of communication and he really needs to know how his son is doing. I told him that I had caught him using some the last few weeks. After lots of pushing from him!!! He proceeded to attack me and tell me we have no future. He asked me why I ever married his son. He said I must have low self esteem. I told him that I had no knowledge of drug use before my husband. I tried pot in college and hated it. I have never even seen anything else. I came into this marraige as a single mom after a sad divorce 5 years earlier. I am not and have never been a party person. They loved me to death when we were dating. They hoped I would change their child. They knew I was responsible and decent. Now they blame me.
I feel I am going to go bankrupt. They are extremely wealthy and try to control people with their money. They have threatened to take the kids before if I left him. Now they blame me because I did not cure him in 10 years of marraige. I have changed in this marraige. I used to be considered attractive. I was complimented alot. Now I am 50 lbs. heavier and don't recognize myself. I am alone and try to be a good Mom. I am the room mom. I go to all the field trips. I do EVERYTHING for our household. I do not feel employable now. I had 3 years of college but did not finish. Can anyone give me info on medical careers. Nursing, radiology, anything. I need to find something to support myself and the kids..... Thank you. I am so depressed.