View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
hope213

welcome to S.R. i am very proud of you, you are doing so good with your life. i hope i can help you a little bit. it sounds as if your brother is into drugs big time even if it is pot & alcohol. my addict is my son & my 15 yr. old grand son.i will try to make this short.little j.(my g-son) has lived with every relative he has.his mother is dead & his father stays in prison more in than out. (my a.s) i took little j.in after he went thru all the other relatives.he started sneaking out of the house at age 12,doing pot & alcohol.we all tried to help him.it did not work,he continued to get high & not do the right things.since his father has been home,he was stopped for speeding,no licsens, both were taken to the sheriffs office. the father had just picked up little j. none of his family would come get him. little j.had been drinking.his father was put in jail, nobody would bail him out.social services got involved. the first thing they did was put him in foster care, he ran away,next they put him in a group theraputic home, he keep running away.each time he was found he was either drinking or high. now he is in a locked faculity getting therapy, drug rehab & learning to face responsiabliy.
he has been there 7 weeks & doing good.my advise is for you to talk to his parents(as u call them) & see if they will get some help for him.he is just a kid & maybe can be saved, maybe not. you will have done your best if it doesn't.if the parents do not go along with this i would call social services.it will not get better only worse, if somebody don't care enough to try. whatever happens this is not your fault.you live your life to the fullest.you can not control him or your parents.keep posting & let us know how u r & how your brother is.this is not your problem if you choose not to get involved.your brother will fight you all the way if you do.prayers for all of you.hugs,hope