View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MeggieStar
Starry Girl

Thumbs up God Smiled at me today

Hi All,

Some of you may know my AH has been in rehab for a month now. He is in the Salvation Army which is a six month program, however, my AH committed to staying one month (because he still had a job etc.) Tomorrow will be one month.

Over the past week, AH has been looking into sober living housing and actually found a place for $390 a month. He was planning on leaving SA tommorrow or this week. However, he called his boss, who has been very understanding about the situation and held his job for him.

Boss told AH he could absolutely come back to work, however, the company is about to go under!! Told AH that they could cover the paycheck on the 15th (which AH wouldn't get being two weeks behind) but by the 30th they'd be out of money and shut down!!

Long story short, AH has decided to stay in rehab another 30 days!! He felt it was a bad decision to leave rehab with very little money and trying to find a new job. Said he didn't want to end up back at the SA in a month because he had no money and no place to live. After sixty days in the SA , residents are off restriction and allowed phone privleges and leave on their days off. AH has decided to use that time to job hunt, when he gets off restriction.

Anyway you slice it, more time in rehab is a good thing. I feel like God gave me a little shoulder nudge and a wink today as if to say "see? things work out in my time, not yours...don't be afraid."

Thanks for letting me share.