View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lovestoomuch
Or However You Spell It....

((Patriot))

Welcome to SR honey. I'm certain there will be others who will be able to suggest some things because what I'm about to suggest may not be possible.

First of all you're very mature for your age and I applaud the way you are living your life. You've beaten the odds the way I see it having been raised by 2 active addicts. You should be very proud of yourself.

Now.........are you able to get through to your little brother? I mean.......does he actually hear you when you try and talk to him? If you're the only positive influence in his young life, is it possible to come stay with you? I know that's a little off the wall and legally his parents are still responsible for him, but getting him out of that situation may be whats called for..............although if he is addicted already........he'll find the drugs no matter what rules you put down.

What worries me is if he gets into any trouble and the parents are investigated the state will remove him from the home. Where will that leave him then.

I really hope one of the "wise ones" show up to offer something more. Just know I will be keeping your little brother in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs
kris