View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Fluttering

"We are an undisciplined lot." In recovery we get to learn responsibility and discipline. If our motivews are clear...and the need is ther for a med..and it is prescribed by a doctor it is not up to any of us to tell another what to do.. we make sugestions only.

It is my experience tthough to be well informed whenit comes to matters of health...whe going toa doctor it is important to ask questions..the only way i knew to ask certin questions was to share, ask others...then when in with the doctor, it is ultimately my decision to do as the doc recomends or to ask for alternativews
Insomnia is a grewquent problem for us in recovery...There are many alternatives ..health food stores, relaxation tapes/CDs, reading the phone book, prayer, etc, etc...

However in regareds to another...we share ESH....Yes there are many who have opinions...however for me, I have enough on my own plate to remain clean and sober than to take another's inventory...I am also frequently taking my own .... and that keeps me busy..i don't need or have time to take anothers..I am willing to share ESH...snd to sponsor and so other service work as I can or am able.

I stay on my side of the street, practice being nonjudgemental, and I do not take another's inventory.
I have 21 years in recovery. I abused drugs, alcohol, sex, food, anything & everything that would change the way I felt. Today i am grasteful i had the sponsor I did when I came into recovery..It was she who pointed out the quote I began this post with. She also had me read in the book where it tels us we cannot diagnose anyother person to say if they are alcoholic or if they are not...she taught me to check out my motives...she never judged me and taught me that words are cheap and in the end..al that really matters is how I live today..& the way I live may be the only Big Book others will ever read.

thank you for this post...enlightening and informative...

I am grateful we have SR to post our concerns and I have learned so much here.