View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
2stop
~Author of My Life~

Wink

I used to have issues about the 12 steppers telling everybody that their emds made them still actively an addict yada yada.......I understand where they're coming from...........But I ALSO KNOW that some emdications can save your life, improve your quality of life and allow you to LIVE your life.
I am becoming very sensitive to caffeine, I totally schiz out if I have more than 1/2 cup of Half Caff coffee each day. It feel;s worse than when I have done speed!
So I could argue that the coffee in the rooms of AA is a DRUG, because well, CAFFEINE is a DRUG, NICOINE is a drug, a cigarette and a cup of coffee is TWO drugs.....and don't say the cigs don't hurt anybody, second hand smoke IS dangeroud...(don't mind my ranting either I am a former smoker, swore I would never preach like this..well...here I am!) sorry!

But anyways, anythign can be a drug!Power is a drug, tellign another THEY are NOT sober and YOU have THE answers because there is NO drug in your system! Yeah right, the cortisol and adrenaline surges people get when they get self-righteous ands fired up(myself included) It is like a drug charging you up, making you FEEL better, more powerful etc.

As a teen when I went to AA it was very hard for em because I had been threatend with being sent back to the state hospital for another 90 days.and even longer they reminded me, there WAS a judge on the campus in Austin.) I HAD to take em meds, they even took blood to check my levels of medications. So I felt really out of place aND CONFUSED, AND LIKE I WAS "BAD' AND SCREWED....becaus esome gotshot dry drunk thought HE had the POWER and authority to TELL me what made me okay, what made me sober..and "really' in recovery.
I sometimes wonder if I would have gotten better sooner if there had been more understanding members in that particular AA group.........but I am not angry with them now, I have no resentments.....
I DO know what it feels like to be treated badly because one needs a particular med.
I am alright with it NOW though, no hard feelings.

It IS scary all the new meds coming out killing people, making em sick and crazy in the head, I remember when oxycontin came out, I was in my docs office, a rep from the company made the oxy's came in telling me how many people die a year because of the tylenol in REGULAR percocet...blah blah blah.The company gave me FREE 42 oxycontin's.................my doc signed off, went toharmacy with coupo, FREE! It's crazy.......
Of course NOW that I live in excruciating pain some days, pain that even affect my breathing..I know the real value of narcotics.and yep..I still consider myself 'sober' and in recovery because emy number one problem before recovery wasn't the pills so much as the MIND trip I was on, the crazy belief systems in myead, the arrogance, the lack of confidence, etc......when you get ur head rigth you're amazed at what follows.

just my two cents though.........