View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
die tryin

I have been reading a book that has helped me change my life.I went thhrough drug and alchohol treatment when I was 14,23 and then again 2 differant times last year.Upon completion of these programs,the longest period of sobriety I ever had was 61 days,,the shortest was 5 hours.Last year I had a really difficult time and ended up in the hospital on 5 differant occations.
I was really desperate to find something to help me maintain my sobriety as I was at my bottom.If I continued on the path I was on,I would not be here right now writting this.(due to health problems) I finally found a really cool book.It has an instruction portion that tells how to follow certain principals so I could change my lifestyle.It also has about 18 differant "stories" of how Alchoholics turned their life around after hitting a "bottom" like the one I had hit.I was amazed because I could really relate to the stories.
The book is called The Big Book of Alchoholics Annonomyus.Keep an open mind and try it..It might help ya...I kow it won't hurt..Good Luck..