View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
PurpleReign
dum vita est spes est

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
What the doc and patient determine to be best for the patient is none of our business. Even Bill W says there are some who need meds.

This issue is very close to my heart. My son stopped taking prescribed meds because an NA person said he wasn't "clean." He went back out as a direct result, and almost died. He's a heroin addict. Believe me, I wanted to break every bone in that loud mouth, know it all arse's body! How DARE he play doctor with my son's life!

If you want to be a doctor - get a medical degree!

Sorry, I obviously have strong feelings about this.
Because, if it don't have our name on it, it's not our business. :nono:

Shalom!
History,
I respect your post and understand your position. No person can declare another person clean or not clean, only they can. I don't consider myself sober while taking a benzo or hypnotic, I don't consider others sober that do either - but what I think shouldn't matter, it's difficult enough to keep my own clean time straight.

I had such a terrible experience with Ambien that I feel it my duty to try to warn people of it's dangers and if I get banned for doing so, I'm prepared to face those consequences...because like you Teach, I have strong and passionate feels toward this subject.

Peace,
PR

Last edited by PurpleReign; 06-09-2007 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Addition