View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

I just want to share he's not the first lawyer to go through this,a nd certainly not the last!!! It likely will not ruin his career either(maybe set back but not ruin.)
Stop taking his calls if you dont want to file more paperwork.

I believe "Waldo" on substance abuse forum was once a lawyer too. He lost wives and job cause of not being able to overcome the problem. I know of 4 lawyers personally(with out a doubt, and many others suspected) in my area who went to counteless rehabs, some court ordered some not. 1 of thems bottom was death, because he bought his way out of everything else, actually 2 one freak accident and one suicide.
Remember this and I do not mean to upset you. Addicts eventually do 1 of 3 things
recovery, jail or death. It can take 50 years before one of those results. Dont let your attorney bully you into divorce if you are not ready. Find out if your state has legal separation provisions taht can protect you financially, remember its not always black and white, there are many shades of grey and those grey shades can help you, but you have to search for them.

ANother thing, I doubt any of this will be a surprise to his colleages. Trust me, people know and I would bet his assistants, who ahve to deal with his day to day shananigans really know, just possibly unable to put a finger on it