View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Smile Thankful Hearts Will Never Part

This came out of my mind this morning when posting in one of the many Gratitude Threads that are here at SR. After posting it, I started thinking of how so true this phrase is "Thankful Hearts Will Never Part!"

One thing that I have learned in recovery is that if we are not thankful for what we have it can be taken away quicker than receiving it. I think this goes so much into life in itself. It speaks of gratitude IMO at the highest level.

This addict can always find things that he don't like but it seems like it takes a little more effort for me to look at the good things that are happening in my life. I know that my programing in my mind, hasn't been programed very well during my life, due to the drug usage that I have done. It has made me into someone that I wasn't very proud of and yet today with the program of Recovery that was so freely given to me, I don't look at my past with either hatred or with shame. The reason is that my past just like all of ours is our best teacher, and when we can actually learn from others than maybe we won't have to make the same mistakes.

So today I do have a thankful heart and I try to keep it that way.

Thanks for letting me share