Thread: Happy Thursday
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BeerPolice

Happy Thursday

Things have settled down some. I still find myself thinking about the relapse and what Im going to do if and when it would happen again. AH has been sober. of course not working a program, but sober. We went to a wedding last weekend and we sat with others that were drinking, I dont know if it bothered him or not. He did not drink and either did I. Thought to myself, its his problem if its bothereing him or not. But I do have an issue that is weighing on my mind. The last week of June I have a conference I need to attend for work. Being gone for 4 days. Im looking forward to going and seeing my collegues. The only thing that is nagging at me, is if he drinks or not will be none of my business. BUT>>> My DD who is 15 will be home.
I really dont want to put her in that position. (I should have thought of that one years ago after all the crazyness I have put her thru with this, she is well adjusted and in counsling with me) Ive talked to my Mother in Law and told my DD if he decides to drink she does not have to stay in the house with him . To call her grandmother or anyone of my friends to come pick her up. She agreed and the plan was made between us all. I still have the nagging feeling of it tho. Cant seem to shake it. In years past, she has just stayed at her Grandmothers. This year she said she would rather stay home. Im trying ot honor her wish. What do you all think?