View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

(((StayinAlive))))

I'm not a mom but, a daughter and sibling of A's. Also an XAB. IMHO from watching what my mother went through when my 49 year old brother moved home-it is exactly as NiteLite stated so well- She wants to protect you it takes a long time for anyone not just a mother to realize that they did not cause it, can't control it and can't cure it. Not only mothers but sisters, brothers etc....get in the way of recovery- unless we realize what we are doing to contribute to keep the enabling going there is no way for anyone to recover!

I agree with others as stated above moving yourself out of the situation of being home because it appears your head is on straight and you are realizing there is a problem-can benefit you and your mother and others involved. My brother moved into a 1/2 way house and got his life on track and took responsibility for his life-of course my mother still did the enabling from afar but it was alot of ease on her and surely for him! This IMHO is a choice to consider for yourself-removing yourself and starting to make the right choices for YOU!

Also as stated by pick-a-name as always those great books mentioned could be a big help to her as well. She loves you, and will protect you it is what mothers do! It is up to you to break that pattern that you realize is creating chaos!

Good Luck to you and keep posting!

Last edited by Rella927; 06-05-2007 at 06:59 AM.