Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher View Post
I don't care if people use it recreationally, or every day, or whatever any more than I care if people use any other drug, but not in my life! Not in my house, and not in my family! ...
Exactly where I am on this. 100% I don't know why they think they are 'different' because they are not. They are avoiding life on some level.. and if that level affects how they live then they are no different.

I don't know the answer to that, because I don't think it's possible to be stoned 24/7 and be emotionally available, tuned in to your wife and kids, and take an active role as father of this family. He certainly wasn't any of those things!
Been there first hand. The #1 relationship my XABF had was with POT. He told me all about it after I made "discovery" and the excitement in his eyes and voice was really creepy.. the sort of excitment you hear in the voice of someone who has just won a big prize. His big prize? A life of failure!

So bottom line, if you are a pot smoker and you have people telling you its messing up your relationship, it is a problem, even if it is just pot!
...and no different than any other drug. I think pot is, as you have suggested, more insidious!