View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
StayinAlive
Philippines/Canada

I need to hear from a mom

I have done a search but i am impatiant to find what i am looking for so i will just post.
I am looking for a parent that lives with an alcholic son or daughter. Am the grown son of a wonderfull mom. At 36 years old i am not proud to be at home. After devorce ect, my drinking has forced me to move in. Been here for 2 years....putting my mom and her very patiant husband through hell. I hate that. In that time i have been through a 70 day rehab and have had periods of sobriety. But they live in fear of my next relapse. Wich i have had 4 of in the past 11 days. I really think i should move out to protect her from my every relapse she finds this devastating.

It seems like her happiness depends on my every action from how i cut my hair to what i eat to when i shave....its brutal. What weird is she doesnt want me to move out becouse then she can't watch over me. Sigh and i don't have a lot of confidance in myself to move out, i feel trapped. Should i just do it....will it be better for both of us.