Thread: Week from hell
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

Yeah, taken for granted..that's what I feel and that my feelings don't count.

My sister should of warned me before I spent the $300. I would of totally understood had she of done that. I didn't realize HOW much was gonna go on.

My daughter and son both hold me accountable for my drinking years ago. They don't know the reasons why I turned to alcohol. I was abused physically/mentally by their dad for 8 years and they were too young to remember that. So, they blame me for drinking and not being there for them back then (even though, I've been there for them now for 13 yrs, I've been sober and quit drinking because of what it was doing to me and them) and it's frustrating to me to not be able to explain my life to them before the drinking started.

I can't just come out and say "your Dad physically/mentally abused me and I lived as a prisoner in my own home, so I started drinking to numb it out". That'll backfire on me.

So, where do I draw the line with my children? They take advantage of me and then when I tell them I'm hurt, they come back at me full force and bring up the past. Which in turn makes me want to tell them why I drank, but can't because it will hurt them.

My sanity?....lol....what's that?