Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
raerae6

Originally Posted by Kimm992 View Post
I think it's taken a lot less seriously (legally) in Canada.

I see someone on the street smoking pot at least once/day and if you get caught with a small amount on you then you just get a small fine (if that).

Yes that's definately true.
I've traveled around Canada some and I went to Vancouver a few years ago.
I walked into a coffee shop there and people were smoking pot right out in the open-doing bongs and everything.

But they had just just passed a no-cigarette smoking in public law-so no cigs allowed (LOL)

I had heard of this place, and it turned out to be right near where I was staying so even though i don't smoke pot anymore-I had to see if what I heard is true so I went in. They had signs all over saying 'no buying or selling allowed'. Pot is not legal, but it is tolerated. I believe that this is the only coffee shop like that in Canada, though.

Back home here i live in a crack infested neighborhood-there are always people standing around asking "need anything?" (I live in Mpls., MN) Nowhere have I ever been offered drugs of all kinds the way I was in Vancouver...

Don't be discouraged anyone from going there because of what I said-Vancouver is a beautiful and interesting city. I could go on here, but then i'd have to move this to a travel blog! Lets just say I have fantasized about living there.

I have never felt unsafe in any Canadian city.
I walked through the 'worst part' of Vancouver late at night and didn't feel threatened at all! My neighborhood at home is much worse! There doesn't seem to be much crime in Canada.

Also Canadian cities are SO CLEAN. Toronto was really nice, too. i didn't get much time there, but I would like to go back.