Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
raerae6

Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher View Post
Does anyone know why the culture of marijuana users seem to believe it is not a drug? They act like it is different than all the other drugs. Yes it is from a plant, but it still separates the user from reality, emotionally and mentally, it still provides a "headchange". It is not physically addictive I hear, but it certainly seems to be emotionally and mentally addictive. Why is this addictin not taken as seriously as other ones? Why do I resent this drug so much? Because it stole so many years of his attention that should have been mine. It was his love. LAME LOSER!!!

I would love to know what others experiences have been with someone who loves this drug so much, they will let their world fall apart before they will give it up, or if you have any general knowledge of the drug and its effects or addictive properties. Thanks!
Well pencilpusher, I first smoked weed in high school and at first I loved it. It made music sound better and it made every little thing just seem hilarious. It also made me lose motivation to do much of anything except listen to music, laugh and eat (it makes food taste really good!) It also made me feel kind of paranoid and self conscious, but I liked the other effects so much I put up with the paranoia.

But as the years went by, I started to experience less of the nice effects and more of the unpleasant ones-like the paranoia and it made me feels like a zombie and kind of depressed. I just got tired of it and stopped. To this day many people I know STILL smoke regularily.

Many people do not get addicted to it and smoke occassionally-BUT many others become psychologically addicted. Sometimes people use it to self-medicate because they feel depressed and full of anxiety without it. Any drug is used to sort of numb the feelings a person is having and push them back instead of dealing with them. I think that this is what is unhealthy about pot.

Almost every man I've ever been involved with has been a daily pot smoker and I'm hoping next time to find one that isn't. They just aren't as fun to be with because they aren't all 'there' most of the time. Plus it is expensive and they are always broke because they spend so much on weed!!

I think the reason that weed is not considered so serious of a drug is that pot smoking does not lead to violence or blackouts like alcohol or many other drugs do. Also most people can function fairly well while high-compared to other drugs. BUT-a lot of times weed smokers lose so much motivation that thier lives go nowhere...