View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
roandlan

Scared, first day

It is real clear that I need to quit drinking; it has been clear for years now. I found this site in September of 2004 (I know this only because the site tracked my first post) but never did stop. Here I am again. My husband gives me every benefit of the doubt, (to the point of thinking I am a diabetic because I swear up and down my drunkeness is not drunkeness), I hide my alcohol abuse and make secret trips to the store to replenish what I have drunk secretly, my 12 year old is furious (and harder to fool than anyone else) and my 6 year old is starting to catch on too.
Honesty is not my strong suite, obviously, but the anonymity of this site seems like it will help. I am ready, and also scared- have been reading posts and boy it all sounds so familiar.
Had a beer first thing this morning; I sure wish I could just taper off... I have a strong feeling that this is not news to those of you who are in recovery.
Ackkk, I hate this - it seems so weak and stupid to ask for help from strangers on the web, but I am going to anyhow. Help.