Thread: obligation??
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
best
Don't get undies in a bunch

Cheryl

What can be...1) He fully understands all that he put you through (and himself) and reaching such a point he holds fast to his recovery and makes amends.
or
2)He understands that he needs to stop and does. Makes amends and continues his recovery for a time and slowly returns to some of his old ways.
or
3)Fakes it for a while, gets back what he wants and starts things all over again, same as before.

Marriage is a give and take even without alcohol in the mix we stll need set boundaries and learn to become one in mind and spirit. Grow together.
#1 or 2 above can be handled ok with boundaries and a commited growth of both of you. #3 would just be a repeat of the past.
Still comes down to...
His actions...over time ...will tell you what comes next. Time and actions will be what the Lord uses to guide you.
I am not perfect and when I find myself starting to become #2, I strive to change and become #1. With the smile on my wife's face as the judge... I know I have become a better husband then I ever thought was possible. He could do the same.
What it took for me to reach such a point... Jesus inside and a good recovery under my belt. My actions...Over time tell of who I now am.
His actions... Over Time... will tell you what can be and what will come next.
Continue on the path you are on till you feel the Lord shows you different and at such a point...pray and listen for His answer.
Your feelings and emotions are real and normal in the moment. You will know the answers when the time comes to make such choices. Lamp under our feet, not a beacon into the future. One day at a time.