View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 11:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ninerfan

Hi Tracey, you just need to make a beginning. If alcohol has kicked your ass then make a start on this new sober life. Live life in small increments of time. like one day at a time. Catchy phrase, huh. Read the Bg Bk., go to meetings, tal to people afer the meeting, find someone you can trust and start working the steps. Anything I know about faith has come from doing those things. Jay and DB said it better than I could. And you have asked the great question or at least it brings to my mind the question is there really a God. Don't know. And I don't really care. My way of living got me in the mess I was in. The AA way of living has gotten me out. I talk to God as I would a friend or my brother and I derive comfort from doing that. It doesn't have to make sense to me anymore. It doesn't have to be logical. Ask God for help and then do the next right thing. One thing for sure, drinking is not the right thing to do and is surely NOT Gods will for me. Thats about all I know on the subject of faith. You take it easy and be good to yourself.