View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Emimily
Silly Rabbit

hi gg...

i'm due for a 4th step myself, me and the spons just finished some reading and now ive got my homework assignment. i have a hard time with the word "advice", but i will more than gladly share my experience, strength, and hope with you.

resentment is the #1 offender for me... it will kill me if i don't kill it first. if there's a specific person i'm resenting i pray for them, that they have every blessing i would want for myself granted. then, i write sometimes, if i think it'll help. i try to pray for these people every day for at least a week, sometimes two if i don't feel that tense-chest-feeling start to fade. same deal for institutions, 'cause i have a lot of anger about global issues, and i just pray and pray. most of my resentments come from me thinking i'm running the show, and when i humble myself and work on my gratitude, my resentments tend to ebb away.

oh! make a gratitude list. that's what my sponsor makes me do. and, most importantly, don't pick up... you're not going to kill the resentment, but you might kill yourself, and that would suck big time. good luck!