View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Glad you asked Ghostgirl. Let's see, I finally figured out that 99.999999999999% of my resentments come from:

"What is he/she/it/they not doing, that I want he/she/it/they to do, when I want he/she/it/they to do it, to MAKE ME MORE COMFORTABLE."

Let me tell you I sure didn't like that one. Damn, that meant when I pointed the finger at someone else I had three pointing back at me. I sure didn't like that, that took it right back to the Big Book where it says "our troubles are basically of our own making."

So what to do........................well first it was suggested that I take a brown paper grocery bag and with magic marker write on it in big letters GOD'S BAG. Then every time I had a problem or a resnetment I was to write it down on a piece of paper, fold the paper up real tiny and put it in God's Bag. Pretty soon there were lots more tiny folded up pieces of paper. Now the 'corker' to this was....................if I wanted to continue to fret about a particular one I HAD TO TAKE IT OUT OF GOD'S BAG. Oh man, do you know how long it takes to go through all those pieces of paper. Sheesh, it soon just became easier (yep the 'easier, softer way, lol) just to leave it in God's Bag.

Also I had to pray for the person, that they get what they needed for 14 DAYS STRAIGHT, and if I missed a day, I had to start over.

Those two methods sure helped me to get rid of resentments in a big hurry. Sure made my daily living less stressful and chaotic.

A brief suggestion regarding your sponsor. If you are having so much trouble getting ahold of her, especially in early sobriety and during the step work, she may not be thesponsor for you and it may be time to look around for a new sponsor.

J M H O

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do care.

Love and hugs,