View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CE Girl

The walls come crumbling down,,,,,

I ran into a mutual friend today. He asked me how my A was.

My first thought was VERY codie, LIE,,LOL Told myself I didn't want to deal with it. But then I thought, I've lived so much lie, and that is NOT my core. I'm the most honest and up front person I know. All done with compassion and no malice. Except when it came to my A

So, I told the truth.

I told him we were no longer together, that I hadn't seen him in 2 months.

He immediatly said he didn't think so and launched into seeing him yesterday. I mentioned, in fact, interputed and said, I prefer not to know my A's business. But he kept going. Some people huh?!?!

Anyway, I asked him again to please not mention the incident and wondered how his lovely wife was. He got the message finally

But not before my codie brain wrapped itself around what he DID say

Seems the walls are crumbling down. He's about to lose his truck and house. Has to file bankruptcy and needs to pay the lawyer up front. After he paid child support he had barely enough to live on before, but funny always enough to buy alcohol. I actually of course, bailed hims out a few times myself, making truck payments, paying ALL of his household expenses one month, and more. So, of course, I hear this and think, I need to come to his aide.

NOT

Let the walls come crumbling down

When I was full of anger, I would be reveling in delight right now

When I was so sad, I would be calling him to console him

When I was in denial, I would pay his bills

When I was begining to accept, I was making him stand on his own,,,,sometimes

When I learned to take care of myself, was the most I've ever loved him

Let the walls come crumbling down.

Peace