Thread: Talked to him
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 03:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
chero
full of hope

Originally Posted by Mr. Christian View Post
What the he** you thinking?
What the he** indeed! I don't think I was thinking.

I went over there. I just needed to. It was a lot worse than a busted lip. He probably needed stitches in his face.

But I'll tell you it was almost cleansing for me to see him. Knowing he did all that whether I was there or not, knowing he did that even though he is on probabtion, even though he has been turned in to the licensing board for his last arrest, even though his wife has moved out. It was almost, I don't know what, liberating for me.

I suddenly realized I can move on now. I can't help him or change him.

I was finally able to tell him out loud my boundaries. His pleas, tears and begging didn't have any affect on me. It was so weird. I felt so removed from the situation.

When I left there I felt like I was finally going to be able to allow myself to move on without him.

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
So either sh** or get off the pot. You can drive yourself crazy playing cat-and-mouse with him and having occasional contact that leaves you emotionally freaked out or you can go back and live with him and submit to his abuse and control or you can ask God to give you the strength to leave him alone and let him choose FOR HIMSELF to get help if he wants it.
This is where I'm at now, Prodigal. Off the pot and praying for strength. He has to help himself and I have to change my focus back to myself.