Thread: Talked to him
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
prodigal

I listened to all the promises and "normal" discussions while AH was sober. And I kept buying into what he was saying ... the promises, the nice things he would do for me, blah, blah, blah. As soon as I would agree to do something with him (picnic, parade, going out on our jet ski) and I'd knock myself out getting everything ready, he'd get drunk. And then he'd blame me for "blowing it."

Chero, either leave him alone or go back to him, okay? As Mr. C said, it's time to pull out the big guns. I'm all for supporting anyone who is struggling with their addiction to an addict. I'm also all for backing off and letting someone cave in and go back to their addict. So either sh** or get off the pot. You can drive yourself crazy playing cat-and-mouse with him and having occasional contact that leaves you emotionally freaked out or you can go back and live with him and submit to his abuse and control or you can ask God to give you the strength to leave him alone and let him choose FOR HIMSELF to get help if he wants it.