Thread: Holiday Weekend
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 04:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Donnavol

Hey I'm new (to this forum)

Remember the "good old days" when a 3 day weekend was the best? I've been "lurking" on this forum for around two weeks now and I can't believe how SO many of these stories are alike. These alcoholics are not very original, are they? I don't even know what to say now, but I am married to an A*** (are you supposed to do this?) for the past 15 years. He is my second husband and "stepfather " (what a joke!) to my 23 year old twin daughters who are grown and married now. I can relate to everyone here about being a "codie" because I have obviously been doing that and I wish somebody would have kicked me in the *** a long time ago. As for the weekend thing, I am going to spend it with my daughters, their husbands and my parents and I'm going to enjoy every da** minute of it.

My AH (I think that's alcoholic husband) has been through several detoxes, with some being so bad they have had to put him in restraints (even with diapers on). He's also been through the AA programs and everything. His most successful bout with that was recently. He got 8 months total ( if he wasn't lying). He had started going to the gym, eating, and actually looking good. But, he was so into himself, he made me sick. Why is it that when a drunk (and yes, I WILL call him a drunk) sobers up and does better that they think they are SO superior?)

I have recently gotten a new position at work and when I fiinish training the people that took my old position, I will have time to go to a lawyer and finish this. We haven't even been together as a "couple" ( you know what I mean) in at least 2 years. Yes, I am an idiot.

I'm sorry for ranting. I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Donna