Thread: Antabuse
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
mimi54321

OK, antabuse, narolex, whatever, will only help some people and will NOT do the job for you. I get the impression that you want to take something that will take over the responsibility of cutting down/stopping drinking for you.

That doesn't exist.

Only YOU can stop yourself drinking - for you - and its f'kin hard work, painful and at times it feels impossible. But never expect a pill, or anything outside of yourself, to do it for you.

Sorry to spell it out but that's life. I still find it very difficult to accept that I have to take full responsibilty for a) the way I feel and b) my destructive actions depending on the way I feel.

If anyone makes me feel bad for being me in any situatuation, I will guarantee to make myself feel 10 x worse by beating myself up, drinking too much, doing gear, trying to switch off my just because I am used to dealing with those feelings.

A couple of weeks sober and I forget all this and do it all again. Has anyone ever thought that being 'happy' or 'sad' or 'suicidal' or 'numb' is our physical self trying despately to engage with our mental self...

Anyway, rambling now, and wish I could practise what I preach

M xx