Old 05-23-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I don't think she loves me despite what I've been hearing for the past 7 months and that completely shocks me. You don't treat people you love like that.
Sad#3,

brother I am not going to tell you if she loves you or not, all I can do is tell you what it was like for me.

I can honestly say that when I was drinking I loved my wife and children enough to where I would have sacifised my life to save one of them.

My alcoholism was so advanced then that even with that much love for them, I could not stop drinking for them!

I had to want to quit drinking for myself and no one else.

It was not until my wife told me that her and the kids were moving out in a month that I finally realized that my entire network that allowed me to keep drinking was going to be gone.

When she told me that I went into my garage and opened a beer thinking to myself "Cool I can drink all I want when ever I want and no one will be bit@@ing at me about it". Well as I was drinking that beer I saw my future if I continued to drink. My future was this:

1. I would drink myself silly every night & not pay my bills because my wife had done that.

2. Due to #1 all the utilities would be cut off and the house would get foreclosed on and my truck would get repoed if I didn't wreck it first.

3. I would be passing out every night on my sofa and wind up being late to work because my wife would not be there to wake me up and tell me to go to bed to where I would hear the alarm and go to work.

4. #3 would lead to me losing my job!

5. I would be left with no home or vehicle.

6. All I had left was drinking my self to death!!!

Knowing my support system was going to dissappear and I was going to die if I continued to drink is what got me into detox and then AA and sober!

What my wife said to me I knew was not an idle threat, her first husband was an alcoholic, he would not quit drinking and she threw his sorry butt out into the street, he kept on drinking for several more years after that, losing his truck and living on the streets, he finally got sober about 3 years ago.