Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
sad#3

Originally Posted by WhatAboutME View Post
I know you mean well, really. And I know what you're going through and how frustrating it is to watch someone you love throw their life away. A breathalyzer will not keep her from drinking. It just won't. People lose their jobs, their savings, their families, their lives, etc. and they still don't stop. I imagine you would start hearing an excuse to the tune of "It must be broken. It's wrong. It's malfunctioning. Etc." If she's going to drink, she's going to drink.

True, but she's not in prison and you're not her wardon. Before purchasing our current home, my husband and I lived in a duplex. It was a really cool building built in the early 1900's. It had a front door and back door that locked from the inside. We kept the key in the lock at all times (inside) to easily lock the door and unlock the door. One weekend, my husband was on a lovely binge. I decided to lock him in the house so he could not go to the store and buy more alcohol in the hope he would stop drinking for the weekend. You know what he did? He jumped out the freakin' window!

You love her like your child? You take care of a child. A relationship is supposed to be 50/50. And an alcoholic will behave just like a child - If you impose restrictions on them, they will rebel, just like a child. I don't mean to sound harsh, but you really are getting the short end of the stick with this relationship.
All of you people are so right and I'm just shocked. I came home tonight to find that she had drank at least 90 ounces of wine and crapped on herself and got it all over the sheets. This was one of the worst days of my life and I had no idea I could get that angry. I wretched my arm when I threw the alcohol as far as I could throw it. I injured my arm pretty badly and I'm a bodybuilder, so this is really bad.