View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 06:03 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Lilya

Christine,

Warmest welcome to you!

I used to listen to depressing music like you do, but that was some time ago. I listened to "Famous blue raincoat" and stuff like that. "The Doors" I have always liked and Jim Morrisson is buried in the Père Lachaise cimitary in Paris. I often walk by his grave. Actually, Meg Ryan was not bad as Pamela Morrisson in "The Doors" by Oliver Stone, Nancy.

Nirvana I listen to sometimes, but mostly dreamy kind of music like The Bouddha Bar, and classical music, blues and operas.

Juls, I say the same about Melanie Griffith. It´s something about her voice and mannerism that gets to me. I´m not crazy about Kim Basinger either, although I liked her in "Nine and a half week". What happened to that gorgous guy who played in "Angle Heart" with Charlotte Rampling? Now she is amazing. I think she talked about that guy in an interview in Paris that he was into drugs alot and it ruined his career.

Charlotte Rampling was institutionalized for depression for ten years after "Angle Heart". She made a come-back in Europe, in "The Wings of the Dove" and in other movies in France and got our César in 2001 for her life´s work.

Did anyone see the "Night Porter" with Dick Bogarte and Charlotte Rampling?

Yes, the movie I saw in Spain was with Bette Midler. I still laugh when I think about it.

Use adversity