View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Noah812

Well complete irradication of all things living, chemical and natural entities related to drugs, would probably slow the drug war (i dont condone that) but someone else will make another drug or a new generation of addicts will be born. I think in a few generartions with pressure placed in the right places, earthlings could be almost drug free. I say this only because 50+ years ago smoking was accepted, for 1000s of years tobacco has been consumed however in todays society it is a scarlet letter in society. So much attention was placed on the smoking issue that even the babyboomers listened and it is filtering into generation X. I guess that I am a Gen X too but I sure don't act like them. Keeping a common goal this big, in the face of the world is the only way it will go away. The Nazi party, the KKK even the Treki movement j/k once numbered from the thousands to the millions, public awareness oh and a good @$$ whippin is what will stop this disease and nothing else. So keep screaming until someone listens...there are many lessor people for a lot less of a reason who are yelling and are being heard...keep yelling...someone WILL listen.

Oh and I think rehab should be made available but IMO only for those desperate, without a repeated history of failure rehab attempts and those who are not violent criminals. As well i think social services are being misused due to addicts bouncing around the system because they have not hit rock bottom. You cant wait forever for them to stop....there must be an end to the abuse of the drug, the families and the system one way or another. In the same sense that a lover, friend or family member has to say enough is enough, you deal with it...the government must do the same or deal with it in other ways. Many more good rehabs for them yes but mainly it depends on more determined addicts to get clean...hmmmmmm

Last edited by Noah812; 05-21-2007 at 08:53 PM.