View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
kj0975

I'll be a post hog tonight. Having problems with nephew and because of HIPPA the dr wont accept any calls. He rx's him benzos xanax I think and he drinks and abuses them (deadly combo) and his mom tried to call his dr and let him know hes abusing them. They said they couldnt take that call because if the Dr did something it would violate HIPPA. What a bunch of crock. Thats not a violation of hippa its not a dr/patient confidentiality breach either. I told her to call back and inform them and to pass it on to the Dr and she is documenting that the Dr has been informed of the problem and he doesnt do something and her son ends up dead well then she would sue him. Not sure if she could but might put a fire under docs arse! So frustrating the Dr could help him if he knew isnt that his job? Now he knows and chooses not to listen but keep on RX'ing the drugs.

The other night he took a bunch of pills and drank got in his car and went off the road and ended up in the ditch in front of his uncles house. His probation officer followed him and watched him and didnt violate him and told the cop to let him go???? HOW!!!.. last year he took the pills drank and ran over 2 kids on their bikes and kept going and didnt remember they were in the hospital and one could have died! What does it take to get someone to do something he is a danger to others at this point!