View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Noah812

KJ - It seems when someone makes a point about a topic it appears mean to someone. If you read my entire post I spoke of the groups who have contracted Hep c and vetrans in the field were one that i pointed out. The fact I also pointed out to thank a vetran with hep c was not to be mean but to point our hipocrisy. On Memorial Day we tell him thank you, or those of us raised right, the other 364 we could just say he has hep c, thank him everyday for our freedoms. As it is I focused back on my original text as a point. Not everybody with hep c was a addict or should be treated as a leper. As far as veterans, I am sure you figured out I have many veterans in my family. My father did two tours in Nam and he shares the same pain with your fathers, I assure you. All things being equal when it comes to veterans I wanted to point out how things can be viewed by others reading or hearing about hep c. The media paints a picture of Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson as the poster child of Hep C. Drug addicts and bigs breasted women own that disease, for now thanks to our media. Early on Noami Judd released she had contracted it and had taken medication and it was in remission. I never hear of her or her condition though she is not a lightening rod for attention like the other two above. I believe if there is blood on a pipe something is wrong with he user until you throw into it that they like to bust each other up, then it seems reasonable. As far as blood during love making or sex play, yes you can have that but I would say if it is often or regular your either too rough or have very bad timing.

It seems like to me that in the begining of the aids virus scare I remember people being so badly treated that kids could not go to school out of others fears. Justified or not, adults were pretty much treated the same way. Many of the children were free bleeders, born with a clotting factor that insured certain death for many when recieving tainted blood in a transfusion that was meant to save them. The other groups crusified were homosexual men, thier lifestyles and drug addicts for tainting the blood supply. Years and years later a famous basketball player came forward and said that that he had HIV and popular culture accepted the HIV virus which he contracted sexually. GO FIGURE. IMO hep c is getting the same immediate response or very similar response as HIV. There are many more hep c cases in the US than HIV, it is big. In any case people will (none here) speak when they should listen, people will think they know when they should learn from others and people will have hate for that which they don't understand. I would caution against that as many posts as i have seen at SR, there are quite a few A's loved ones here who also have hep c. Are they worse an addict because of it, no they are not any worse and no one else who is contracts hep c should be looked at diffrently because they are sick.

For whats its worth, I would have said in my original post to point out soccer moms, workaholics or even bikers if they were the most apt to contract hep c, that just isnt true though. Its just that the groups that I pointed out are the majority of the people who got sick before the medical field and public awareness was raised. I am not arguing with you any of you. I know no one meant any disrespect and showed none I was just pointing out Hep C is here and should be dealt with just as you would anything else, respectfully. Cin, Teke and kj thanks for the vent.

One more thing, public awareness and medical knowledge will stamp out fear!

Last edited by Noah812; 05-21-2007 at 06:36 PM.