Thread: Should I go?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xXBacktoBlackXx
tangled up in blue

Should I go?

A lot of my friends are graduating on Sunday and the trip would be 3 hours away for me to drive. I want to go as a final good-bye, since we'll be spread out throughout the country after this. I was originally going to be graduating on this date, but I have to take summer classes and one class in the fall (though I won't be going to that school again because of the cost).

It would be better for me to drive up on Saturday and spend the night as it's more convenient. I can then stay with a friend in the dorms. However, everyone always goes out on Saturday nights. I've told my friends that I've stopped drinking but I don't really know if that will be...respected (I'm not sure if that's the right word) since it'll be all of our last nights together. Have you ever noticed that whenever there's a "last night" to be had with a group of friends, things always get crazy? During the semester, I used to go out with everyone on Fridays and Saturdays. Saturday was our karaoke night at the bar. I'm sure everyone will want to go again but the last time I tried that during sobriety, I ****** up. The next week, I did go and didn't drink but I had a miserable time. I just know everyone is gonna want to get crazy. What should I do?