View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
cyberwolf
Determined

Question

Well just back from the docs, after a 25 minute wait to be seen (did my anxiety no end of good!) Had a chat with him and he reckons from the way my anxiety is pretty much always there interspersed with actual acute panic that it is not low blood sugar levels (if it was my anxiety would come in peaks and troughs). Apparently my levels are within the normal range however I may be slightly more sensitive in a fluctuation due to the fact that my pancreas and adrenal galnds are all working overtime just now to combat the constant anxiety.

He advised I stop the paxil due to how cr*p it makes me feel and has given me a prescription for Venlafaxine 75mg - Anyone any experience of this just for info purposes, but all the chemists are shut so I will have to wait till tomorrow to get it.

He said it was great that I had given up alcohol and was trying to eat healthily and that any "serious" withdrawal would have been apparent in first 24 hours - 5 days! He gave me some leaflets and suggested counselling might help but it is not available on nhs in this area. Reccommended doing lots of reading on anxiety/panic and also lots of me time. Sitting reading, bath with candles, chilling lying on bed doing abdominal breathing and showed how to do that.

Feel better knowing that he is trying to help, got to go back again next friday. Just really wish the anxiety would go or even start to lessen a bit.

Anyway just a quick update (or not so quick!)