Old 05-18-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

A list of what you want in a relationship

Does the list include that you’d like to be in a partnership where you’ll always take second place to a drug, be lied to, used, manipulated, ripped off, left alone for long periods of time and not be able to rely on a balanced commitment in meeting financial and domestic responsibilities? Because these are pretty much certainties in a relationship with an active addict.

Does the list include that you’d like your life to include being cheated on, being afraid of aggression and violence, being physically and mentally abused, being mistrustful, paranoid and worried most of the time, being to blame for anything that goes wrong, having police turn up at your door, visiting your partner in jail? Because these are all possibilities if you continue to live with a addict.

As to the things you do have on your list…how many of these are currently being met by your partner? I don’t mean the things he used to be or the things he might be one day if he gets his act together, I mean as things are between you now.

Do you have things like trust, reciprocal love, and equal sharing of responsibilities? Is he someone you can depend on to be there when you need him through thick and thin?

These questions may help shed some light on whether this relationship as it is right now is something you want in your life.............