Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hanginon

Update

Step dad dropped him off at the house last night around 8:00pm He seemed very mellow. To answer a bunch of questions....
They had him on atavan then switched him to valium at the detox center - I guess he was very dizzy on the ativan.

There were no Dr's at the detox only a RN. and some counselors.

He had his seizure at home and then went by ambulance to the hospital.

The facility he was in was a county detox (dump).

Last night was actually ok. I guess I expected him to be bitter and angry and snotty and jerk like. He was none of those things. He was quiet and sat in his recliner and scarffed down potatoe chips and mt dew then he took a long shower. At 10 pm I started getting ready for bed. When I came out of the bathroom, he was already upstairs getting ready for bed too.

I asked if they gave him any discharge papers or anything???? They did but he left those in his step dad's truck.

This morning he is still very sore, mucles ache, etc. He says it is because of the seizure. They told him the seizure did a lot of damage to his muscles and will take time to heal.

Mostly the kids were so happy to see him before they went to bed, I know they all slept like rocks last night. That was good. I slept pretty good too.

Hopefully he will keep it up. There was no mention of in- patient treatment or AA. I don't think I should be the one to have to bring these things up. He is very good on the computer and can look up where meetings are.

Thanks for all the hugs and advice and prayers.

Just FYI for those who were concerned about other issues, I do have an escape plan and have very supportive family around. They will always take me and the kids if there is a need. But thank you.

P