View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

The goal remains to get into a rehab.
And none of this would be happening if the judge hadn't taken him OUT of the rehab he was in before! I know, water under the bridge. But, Trevor HAD found a way before....

Anyway, I do think you're right, BigSis and Minnie, about his attempts to "protect" me. I've known that for a long time. But, he's not doing what he thinks he's doing. He's harrassing the jerk. And I don't need any issues there. She's a shrink, and knows the laws to get Trev locked up as a danger to self or others. And I KNOW I can't trust her! So, I hear ya, but, he's not helping anyone, and he needs to hear these facts.

BigSis, I hear the respect issue. And Teke, I hear you too about the slowed maturity. I have no doubt about it actually. I just wish he would understand what respect really is....

Ladybug, thank you...I am trying to take care of me. I called my own counselor today to talk to her, as I missed my appt last week. I'm waiting to hear from her.

Ann... Thank you too.... I just hope a rehab opens up soon. Since he's on methadone, there's only two places in RI that will take him, and only one of them is long term....so...it could be a while. And yes, he does need to learn simple rules. Sadly, at 27, he still does...

G*D grant me the serenity...
It's my favorite prayer.

Shalom!