Thread: S.C. Check-in
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
mjs

different approaches

History teach hit the nail on the head...some things that are helping me that you might want to look into are DBT..dialectic behavior therapy for addictions,google true recovery and check it out. It combines mindfulness and cognitive therapy. I am working on the concepts and while not easy it seems to have real depth and has really helped my cravings for weed. DBT is cutting edge therapy and has been effective for a wide range of mental health problems i.e. depression,anxiety,self harming but was never applied to addictions until recently. Check it out and tell me if it helped you as much as it did me. The beauty of it is that relapse is not the end all of recovery. Not using comes from being comfortable enough in recovery to give your mind,body and spirit a chance to heal. Its not an excuse to relapse its reality..relapse happens. You keep trying until you get it right and you start trying right away. As you read in my previous posts I recently slipped. I felt that pressure building and building and got to 3 months and got high. I threw my weed out and started over. I wish it didn't happen but I refuse to now go on a world class guilt trip. I just started looking around for something else and there it was just waiting for me. I also have found the following combination of Rx...naltrexone and cymbalto...potent. Check out the Pennsylvania Recovery website for more info on these. I hate to hear a brother suffering so check out DBT and force yourself to get started...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!