View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
carl250r

Originally Posted by leviathon View Post
So, I am in an interesting situation, I work with my spouse. Its her business. I work for her but we are both professionals so I really work with her...

That said, I find that I, without even realizing it, really want her approval and if I do something that results in negative feedback, I find that I get really hurt by it. I know this stems from the abusive childhood at the hands of alcoholic parents where I was constantly seeking for approval as some form of proof that they loved me... but this is a totally different dynamic.

How does one deal with this situation?

Levi

i do that all the time.you must realy love and or respect her.no big deal
unless you are totaly cheesy with it and she calls you out on it and makes fun of you.or do you catch your self giving yourself pats on your own back in front of her like ,look what i good job i did,or boy i realy nailed it that time dident i.that is kind of lame,but i do that to.seriously ,i can get pretty cheesy sometimes..O whell.
maybe you don't do it that way and insted you just do allot of work and do it very good and work very hard.And if so I say you are a model employee.And she is lucky to have a freak like you.if aproval of your wife is good for buisness then i say run with it man.Of coarse i don't know how over the top you are or are not with it.maybe it is out of hand if it is bothering you enough to get advice about it.Maybe not i dont know.You could lighten up on your self she is after all your wife.and if you want to kiss her butt ,then go for it dude that is what shes there for.