Thread: Is it wrong?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rosie323

Is it wrong?

Hi - I am working on detaching from my SO who started recovery 4-5 weeks ago, he asked me for a break (he said 2 weeks, but who knows!) so I have had no contact with him at all for 10 days - yeah! I will not contact him for sure! There have been good days where I feel so at peace and happy and then days I wonder what is going on with him, how he is, and miss him. I have no idea what is going on with him, none, is he continuing to get better, is he drinking, I know he had bought a fancy new car right before our break so he could be out having the time of his life right now!...Anyway, before this break, I got his family very involved in helping him - I spoke to his uncle last monday to see how he is, who gave me an update. Is it wrong if I call him today to check in again? I just want to know how he is. I know I risk being hurt if his uncle says he is doing great, doing all these fun things, has all new friends, etc - but am having a hard time being so out of the loop and not calling to find out status on his drinking problem since I was so intimately involved for 5 years!...thoughts?